Our large independently owned multi-site Engineering / Manufacturing client based in Rochdale, requires an experienced Moulding Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Established for over 40-years the company manufactures niche products at Tier 1 level , supplying some of the world's most well-known brands across a broad range of sectors including automotive and construction equipment.
Salary - £35k to £40k
Hours of work – Applicants must be able to work various shifts between the hours of 6am & 10pm Monday to Friday.
The role of the Moulding Manager is to take responsibility for operations within the Moulding Department including scheduling, output and technical development for both Thermoset and Thermoplastic divisions.
Main Responsibilities :
- Trouble shoots and adjusts parameters to maintain quality and maximise product output.
- Lead a team of people to undertake daily production tasks including the maintenance of equipment.
- Invoke a culture of continuous improvement to enhance production efficiencies and the quality of the TEP finished product.
- Creation of Standard Operational Procedures.
- Create and implement a production plan to ensure all programmes are met to support associated departments (Finishing Sites).
- Perform problem solving in order to develop corrective actions for current work or customer issues and to provide continuous improvement.
- Co-ordinate tooling and equipment availability, repair and maintenance.
- Respond to problems by performing corrective, technical or mechanical solutions.
- Implement and manage all maintenance functions including preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on all injection / dispensing moulding equipment.
- Maintenance of all associated machinery (directly and with the assistance of relevant in-house and external suppliers) to ensure output is not compromised.
- Liaise with internal / external toolmaking to ensure that all current and future tooling is optimised for production both technically and practically.
- Liaise directly with suppliers (with Purchasing function if necessary) to ensure incoming materials meet all necessary specification and advise on alternatives to assist efficient operations.
- Responsible for training of personnel to meet output in both volume and quality and to initiate / develop ongoing continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to Company Policies and, where necessary, initiate relevant disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
- Liaise and visit customers as required to review current performance and deal with customer concerns. Also take an active part in supporting the Sales function to market and sell the Moulding Department to existing and / or future customers.
- To develop the department into a standalone commercial entity capable of selling its capacity to a wider range of markets. Work with Sales Department team on quotations for new projects associated NPI projects.
- Maintain / ensure a clean and safe working environment in all moulding departments.
- Responsible for Health & Safety and welfare of all employees.
Skill Set :
- Computer literate with good knowledge of ERP and associated Planning systems.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years or more in moulding environment at management level.
- Degree in Plastics, Engineering, or 5 years’ experience in injection automotive at Tier 1 level into OEM.
- Experience / knowledge of tool design and development essential.
- Experience / knowledge of robotic systems associated with mould flow techniques.
- Good knowledge of Quality Management Systems, particularly to ISO 9001 : 2015 standards. TS/IATF 16949 knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Effective co-operation with other members of management team.
- Strong leadership, communication and managerial skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Flexible proactive.
Please apply online, or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Dan / Natalie on 01706 863703.