£31,000 - £35,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Rochdale
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Due to continued growth, and a strong order book we are looking for an experienced Production Manager on behalf of our large manufacturing client, to oversee the entire production process at one of their sites in the Rochdale area.
This is a new and exciting role, in which you'll be offered great working conditions, competitive pay, and career progression.
The purpose of the role will be to lead a team of shop floor workers on one of the company’s sites in the Rochdale district in terms of performance and delivery of the production plan. You will be required to ensure that the products are produced on time, to specification and in the right quality and quantity.
Hours of work
Flexibility is required for this role, working shifts may be 8-5, 6-2 / 2-10
Circa £35,000 depnding on experience (£31k-£35k)
- To provide effective production, logistics and ICT management throughout the manufacturing operation of the business.
- To schedule the work activity for the teams to meet all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly production targets.
- To trouble shoot issues to find the root cause to be rectified.
- To monitor and manage performance of all workshop staff, and provide motivation.
- To raise any concerns in terms of employee issues to HR.
- To ensure safe operating practices, all policies and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- To support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and dear misses.
- To recommend training as well as train and develop the appropriate skill set on the team.
- To manage and improve Absenteeism and Punctuality which involves carrying out Return to Work Interviews and absence / punctuality investigations.
- To instigate disciplinary proceedings as appropriate to ensure appropriate conduct, reaching targets and performance objectives.
- To ensure optimum product quality at all times.
- To ensure efficient operation and control of all resources within manufacturing whilst delivering improvement plans.
- Take an engaging, driven and focus approach to the team review process to help drive performance improvement, through colleague involvement
- Focus on all costs (in particular materials (waste) and human resources costs).
- Control directs costs and expenditure in line with agreed budgetary targets,
- To adhere to all SOPs and relevant documents.
- To ensure the security and maintenance of the premises at all times.
- To take part in weekly production meetings.
- Conduct site briefings.
- To report to the Manufacturing Manager and Directors when required.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment and 2 yeas within a leadership / managerial position within the same field.
Please apply online, or by sending your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Daniel / Natalie at Bamford Contract Services Ltd on 01706 863703.