£60,000 - £65,000/annum + benefits
- United States -- Massachusetts -- Rochdale
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
To enhance their organisational structure and develop their business, our large independently owned multi-site Engineering / Manufacturing client based in Rochdale, requires an experienced Manufacturing Manager to join their senior team in this newly created role.
Established for over 40-years they manufacture niche products at Tier 1 level, supplying some of the world's most well-known brands across a broad range of sectors including automotive and construction equipment.
Salary - £60k to £65k plus associated benefits
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the role will encompass full accountability to control and coordinate the activities associated with the Manufacturing and Production of company products.
- Control work flow of all manufacturing sites / departments to meet customer deadlines.
- Responsible for creation of production plan to meet customer and internal stocking requirements and to identify efficient resource management.
- Coordinate the acquisition of raw materials in the most cost effective means possible
- Trouble shoot issues to find root cause to be rectified and create strategy to ensure non-repeated.
- Carry out costing / budget management to maintain cost effective production.
- Give direction to the various Site Managers, Supervisors and Production teams.
- Ensure that Site Managers / Supervisors monitor and manage performance of all shop floor staff to achieve Company performance targets.
- Exhibit and promote an attitude on the shop floor that leads to an engaged and energised workforce.
- Identify and deal with, to satisfactory conclusion, any issues relating to employee management. Liaise with HR on any specific recommendations.
- Conduct investigations and instigate disciplinary proceedings up to an including dismissal as appropriate to ensure that targets and performance objectives are met.
- Work closely with associated support departments (Sales, Purchasing / Logistics, Quality / Process and Engineering) to ensure targets are met.
- Control and distribute raw materials and stock the required manufacturing sites.
- Ensure optimum product quality at all times.
- Ensure adherence to all SOPs and relevant documents by Site Managers and shop floor workers.
- Assist in the creation or modification of SOPs to meet current and future work.
- Ensure the security, safety and maintenance of the premises at all times.
- Ensure H&S policy is actively supported and enforced on all sites.
- Carry out Production meetings on daily basis.
- Engage with associated departments to introduce new products and actively identify / implement efficiency improvements on current work.
- Engage at board level to identify and recommend actions to implement corporate strategy.
-Educated to GCSE / A Level minimum, relevant college or University degree is advantageous (i.e. Engineering, Management Operations).
- Minimum of six years of experience within a senior leadership / managerial position in a manufacturing organisation
- Demonstrable results in leading manufacturing excellence across a range of manufacturing processes.
- Proven IT competency.
- Experience in the supply of components into OEM customers as a Tier 1 supplier.
- Strong management and leadership skills including ability to organise, direct, support and motivate team.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify solutions in dealing efficiently with problems.
- Demonstrate creative solutions, e.g. introduce changes to processes to eliminate issues from reoccurring.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and manage multiple priorities to meet internal deadlines.
- Leadership skills and collaborative way of working, ensuring sharing ideas and concepts.
- Adaptive to change and ability to encourage other towards change.
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to diagnose and solve problems while exhibiting independent judgement and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Influencing and persuasiveness.
- Demonstrate being both a pro-active and re-active problem solver
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to join a well-established company at a senior level with the potential to develop further over time.