£28,000 - £32,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Wythenshawe
Wednesday, July 01, 2020
On behalf of our client based in the Wythenshawe area we are looking to recruit a number of Manufacturing Supervisors to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a well established, multi national company who are experiencing a significant period of growth.
Hours of work: 6:30am - 6.30pm
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 + 10% Shift Allowance.
Job Title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Reports to: Manager, Manufacturing Operations
The candidate will be responsible for supervising a team of Manufacturing operators in a GMP manufacturing environment. Initially the ratio will be one supervisor to two filling operatives.
The Supervisor will be will be responsible for organizing their team to effectively convert the production plan and adhering to the requirements of the Quality Management System. A safe working environment will be maintained at all times.
The Supervisor will provide support for their team and escalate when appropriate to the Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations. They will be responsible for coaching and developing their team and perform regular 1:1's and appraisals with their reports.
To achieve success the Supervisor will have proven supervision/leadership skills and be an excellent listener and communicator. They will be a great at working in collaboration other functions and will be a driver in problem solving activities to remove blockers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Supervisor job title but this is more of a team leader position as they will not be responsible for any more than 2 people.
- They will only be looking after the filling area - 5 filling lines currently with a 6th due soon. Our lines are a mixture of Automated and Manual and fill vials from 5ml up to 3ltr depending on the product.
- High speed production lines in a controlled environment
- Reporting issues on the line
- Working alongside Engineering
- Health & Safety, Quality (important)
- Collecting Data - KPI focused/output targets
- High throughput filling lines
- Ensures that their team follows Manufacturing documentation and area SOP's.
- Ensures that their manufacturing environment, work areas and equipment is compliant prior to the start of daily manufacturing activities.
- Ensures the Manufacturing Labs are inspection ready for internal and external Quality Audits.
- Ensures that the work area is safe and COSHH data sheets are understood and followed by their team. Performs Activity Risk Assessments.
- Ensures the weekly plan is completed, works across functions to removes blockers and escalates upward if unable so solve issues.
- Ensures Cycle Counts are completed as per schedule.
- Performs batch documentation reviews to a GMP standard. Raises deviations and non-conformances.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of workloads.
- Interfaces with Process Transfer to ensure the transfer of knowledge and techniques to their Manufacturing team members.
- Leads problem solving teams across functions such as Planning, Engineering, Process Transfer and QA.
- Coaches their team in processes and procedures.
- Performs 6 monthly and annual reviews.
- Evaluates and develops personnel.
- Deputise for the Manager, Manufacturing Operations where appropriate.
- Work with the Planning Department to ensure that scheduling of production activities are effectively planned for the area of responsibility.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good Microsoft computer skills.
- Good knowledge of ERP system.
- Good knowledge of GMP and regulatory requirements.
- They will be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- They will be able to demonstrate good mathematical skills and data manipulation.
- Knowledge of Lean tools/techniques.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires education to HND/Degree Level.
- Proven supervision/leadership skills in a similar role.
- Clean-room experience.
- Working knowledge of laboratory science, procedures, techniques, instruments & equipment.
- Working knowledge of current GMP/GLP/ ISO regulations
- COSHH awareness/IOSH trained.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use a computer and IT equipment
- Regularly required to listen and communicate with others
- Regularly required to use close vision and adjust focus.
- Regularly required attend meetings and Training sessions
- Overtime and occasional shift work may be required to provide manufacturing support.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in a laboratory environment/desk work
Actions taken by employees in this position have financial impact on end results of the department and the company.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line.