£20,000 - £24,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Rochdale
Monday, May 11, 2020
On behalf of our client based in the Rochdale area we are thrilled to be recruiting for an experienced process operative to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role exciting role requires an individual who can work well on their own initiative and as part of a team, responding directly to the Production Supervisor.
Previous experience of working within a Chemical Manufacturing Plant is essential.
Hours or work:
8.30 – 17.00, however please note this shift will be moving to 6-2 2-10 in the near future.
Up to £24,000 DOE
The main responsibilities of this role include;
- Manual Chemical blending into tanks or IBCs
- Follow and adhere strictly to instructions on batch production sheet
- Correct and accurate weighing of raw materials
- Avoid cross-contamination during measuring, weighing, charging and blending
- Checking meters and instruments readings before and whilst in use
- Supply batch samples to laboratory to obtain batch release
- Update MRP with all jobs completed and file documentation as required
- Packing off chemicals into 5 / 25 / 200 containers and IBC’s
- Preparing materials for orders / production on a daily basis
- Report problems with the production process or equipment to supervisors, managers and maintenance engineers
- Load & offloading vehicles when required
- Operate FLTs in a controlled manner
- Ensure items put into racking are identifiable and stacked in a safe manner
- Notify management of any damage to property
- Assist production and packing departments as required
- Health and Safety in line with Company policy (PPE)
- Maintain clean and hygienic work environment
- Assist with routine and full stock takes
- Any other reasonable task as may be requested by management
- Chemical industry experience
- A valid forklift truck licence
- Good numerical, written and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System
- A willingness to learn
- Team Player
- Studying Chemistry or a relatable science
Computer literacy in Word & Excel, Manufacturing Software would also be advantageous.
If you feel you have the skills and relevant experience please send your CV to email@example.com or apply on line.