£30,000 - £35,000/annum + benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Rochdale
Monday, March 09, 2020
Due to investment and expansion, our large manufacturing and engineering client based in Rochdale seeks an experienced site Production Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company has been trading for over 70 years and is experiencing a great deal of sustained growth.
Salary - £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 + benefits
Hours - Days Monday to Friday. Flexibility required to work some overtime and the odd weekend as and when the business requires.
To direct and control the Company's production operations to ensure that targets are met within specified time, quality standards and budgets.
- Direct and control operatives / staff at site to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated to carry out responsibilities to the required levels of quality and productivity.
- Oversee all operating processes within the site to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of plant, equipment and labour resources.
- Responsible for providing management cover to a second Finishing site as required.
- Ensure that all relevant health and safety standards are maintained along with the maintenance of all housekeeping to the required standard.
- Monitor output to ensure that production meets all standards in terms of quality and quantity.
- Maintain regular contact with other department's e.g. technical, quality, sales and materials to ensure that all productive requirements are maintained and problems identified / resolved.
- Plan, introduce and monitor maintenance / housekeeping to ensure that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain a general awareness of new developments in production processes to ensure that the Company makes use of relevant technological developments.
- Maintain a general awareness on all relevant HR / employment issues to assist in the management of personnel.
- Role will carry out disciplinary meetings up to and including Dismissal under the guidance of HR.
- Maintain all necessary production records, including stock accuracy, along with the monitoring of volume and quality of output. Where necessary adjust the production process (with agreement of Quality / Process Department) through changes in equipment / labour to meet all targets.
- Monitor and act upon information regarding staff absence in order to ensure that whenever possible, absenteeism is minimised in order to maintain efficient output. Conduct Return to Work interviews, as necessary.
- Responsible for developing sub-ordinate staff at site to provide short term operational cover.
- To carry out any reasonable request in the position of Site Manager, as directed by Senior Management, to fulfil the needs of the business.
- Minimum 5 year's supervisory / management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Attainment of a relevant management qualification (minimum NVQ 3 or equivalent).
- Background knowledge in a relevant industrial sector. Knowledge of the finishing and assembly of plastic components highly advantageous.
- Working knowledge of the plant, equipment and processes used at each finishing site.
- Working knowledge of the Company's ERP system relevant to the production role.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organising, co-ordinating and time management skills.
- Proven ability to develop and motivate personnel at site(s).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large company that is investing heavily in it's infrastucture and people.
Please apply for this role online or for more information and to have a confidential conversation please contact either Daniel or Wendy at Bamford Contract Services on 01706 863 703.