Bamford Contract Services are looking for a Maintenance Fitter for an immediate start for one of our clients in the Ashton area.
The main purpose of the role is:-
To help with the construction of a new chemical plant as it heads towards completion. The client is currently putting together a fully automated plant for production of exhaust support mats within the automotive industry. The plant will reduce aluminium-oxide fibre in water to form slurry. This slurry will then be filtered to form the required mat, which is then pressed and baked.
Much of the role will involve the piping together of the plant equipment, motors, pumps, valves and required instrumentation. Full instruction will be given.
Your responsibilities are to :-
- Answer to project/production manager.
- Build and preparing various plant parts for forthcoming plant trials.
- Measure, cut, join and lay PVC piping to the required lengths as per drawings.
- Use various power tools as per job requirements.
- Work under your own self esteem for many aspects of the job.
- Work and liaise with others as per job requirements.
- Mechanical experience essential.
- GCSE science and maths / relevant NVQ or equivalent.
- Experience with PVC solvent pipe welding preferable.
- Experience with various power tools.
- Ability to measure and cut accurately.
- Follow technical drawings.
- FLT license an advantage but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills:-
- Working in a chemical environment so must have a basic appreciation for COSHH.
- Some physical work and lifting will be involved.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability and willingness to learn and think on your feet.
- Flexibility to adjust to the various tasks involved.
- Work under own self esteem.
Flexible 39 hours per week
Great working environment