Multi-Skilled Engineer (Shifts) (J13817)
£40,900 - £40,900/annum + Bonus, Pension, Life Insurance
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Wythenshawe
Friday, July 31, 2020
An opportunity has arisen with our large award winning client based in Wythenshawe for a Multi-Skilled Engineer with an electrical bias to join their Engineering Team.
Hours: Continental rotating shift pattern
(4 x 07.00-19.00, 4 shifts off, 4 x 19.00-07.00, 4 shifts off)
Salary £40,900.00 per annum + Life Insurance, Pension & Bonus
Purpose of Job:
To ensure both the site runs efficiently and safely, maintaining all machines and services to the highest possible standard at all times. You would primarily be responsible for the Engineering activities of the site.
1. Ensure planned preventative maintenance tasks are carried out using computerised maintenance system
2. Improve efficiencies in manufacturing processes
3. Provide cover when required
4. Provide engineering cover when required, including weekends and maintain engineering stock levels.
5. Manage contractors safely when they are required on site ensuring compliance with Permit to Work Systems at all times.
6. Ensure all food manufacturing standards are achieved and compliance with Quality Policies and any customer audit standards including BRC Grade A compliance relating to Engineering.
7. Actively support other departments, building team working across departments and pro-actively promote and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
8. Ensure that the plant conforms to health and safety legislation and that site Health and Safety standards are met in all of your activities providing a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors.
10. To ensure that company Environmental standards are met in all activities on site to ensure that minimum impact to the environment.
- Electrical Biased multi skilled engineer
- Experience in Food Industry for 2 years
- Small project experience
- Interactive skills
- Good team working skills
- Basic computer skills
- Multi skilled experience
- 17th Edition
- Electrical qualification HNC
- PLC Experience
- Refrigerate knowledge
- FMCG background
- Basic food safety
- First aid trained
- Lean manufacturing experience#
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large forward thinking privately owned award winning company on a permanent basis.
There is an immediate start available for the right candidate subject to interviews and references.
Please apply online in the first instance or contact Andrew Guthrie on 01706 863 703 if you have any questions regarding the role prior to applying.
For further details please download the job description below: