£24,000 - £26,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Rochdale
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Job Title: Internal Sales Engineer
Department: Technical Sales
Located: Head Office (Rochdale)
Reporting into: Technical Sales Manager
On behalf of our Manufacturing client based in the Rochdale area we are delighted to be recruiting for an Internal Sales Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a extremely exciting time to be joining the company during a period of positive changes and growth.
Hours or work: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 1pm
Salary: £24k - £28K DOE
To be a key point of contact for our client’s customers, answer queries, provide technical support and introduce new products. Also, to ensure that the requirements of both the Company and Customer are met.
- Creates and develops long-term relationships with customers.
- Calculates client quotations and administering client accounts.
- Works on after-sales support services and provides technical back up as required.
- Analysis of costs and sales.
- Review and recommend changes as part of a continuous improvement culture in order to improve efficiency, effectiveness and product quality.
- Makes technical presentations and demonstrates how a product meets customer’s needs.
- Provides training and produces support material for other members of the sales team and other departments.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of manufacturing engineering for their processes to ensure our client remains at the forefront of the relevant processes.
- Observe and analyse personnel and work procedures in order to create and input initial routing information for labour/machines on existing and new components.
- Initial detailed BOM’s for components in particular for new parts and future modifications to existing parts.
- Liaise closely with all relevant departments e.g. Sales, Purchasing, Production and Design departments to ensure the above requirements of the role run efficiently.
- Liaise with other departments to assist in the training of individuals to also be able to input/update BOM’s/Routings as interim support.
- Educated to a degree level (Chemistry, Procurement, Materials Management, Business Administration etc.) or qualified by experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in sales within an Engineering / Manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of tooling and its design.
- Injection moulding/Tooling background
- Graduate with short term experience.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of Injection Moulding Processes.
- Knowledge of key manufacturing and Continuous Improvement (CI) techniques.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good knowledge and experience of IT systems, in particular company ERP software. (Syspro experience advantageous)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a busy team.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with external companies and ensure positive company image and brand.
- Administration skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
If you feel you have the relevent skills and experience and would like to apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line.